The decision to meet face-to-face:
However, if you find that our sessions are more beneficial when conducted in person we can do so as long as you:
- Are not in a shielded group or have any underlying conditions.
- Do not share a home with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Do not have any Covid-like symptoms and are not living with someone who has Covid-like symptoms.
It is not possible to give an exhaustive list here, so please feel free to talk it through with me if you have any questions.
Adjustments to the consulting room to reduce the risk of contracting Covid-19:
I have made some adjustments to reduce the risk of transmitting or catching Covid-19 whilst in my consulting room.
These measures include:
- Supplying hand sanitizer to everyone who enters the consulting room.
- Seating in the consulting room is arranged to keep our faces approximately 2.5 meters apart for effective physical distancing.
- Clients are entering my consulting room directly from outdoors, and not entering the wider medical facility in which my office is housed.
- No person other than myself and my clients is entering the consulting room at any time.
- I am happy for you/us to wear a face mask if this would make you comfortable. Please bring a face mask if you would like to wear one.
- As always disposable tissues are accessible in case you need to cough or sneeze.
- The seating and other key areas are disinfected between each session.
Changes to confidentiality during the Covid-19 pandemic:
As always the content of our sessions is confidential, (for more information please refer to the counselling agreement I sent you when we started working together.)
However, it is possible that I may be required to notify the test and trace service that you have been in my office.
Again I want to stress that there are no circumstances under which I would be disclosing any of the content of our session to the test and tracing operative.
By attending sessions in person you are agreeing that you do so without an additional signed release.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this.